The 2018 New York Baby Show, on May 19-20 from 10:00AM-4:00PM at Pier 94, is the largest baby show for new and expectant parents in the country. It is now in its eighth year, featuring top baby and maternity brands, innovative products, great speakers and seminars, and giveaways.
This will be my third time attending and, as such, I have picked up a few tips and pointers to maximize your experience:
- Arrive early. Pier 94 is gigantic but it can still get pretty crowded. I like to go early so that I have more time to speak with the exhibitors.
- Print mailing labels that includes your e-mail address. Many exhibitors will have sign up sheets for freebies and/or giveaways. It can get annoying when you have to write down your contact information for the umpteenth time.
- Dress comfortably and bring water/snacks. You can easily spend a couple hours at the show if you end up speaking with exhibitors or attending the seminars. Much of that time will be spent walking around.
- Bring cash. While most of the vendors will take credit card, paying with cash can make the process quicker and easier.
- Go with another adult. You’re going to need/want someone to help you carry all the freebies and baby products that you buy. While it’s entirely possible to carry it all yourself, bring a helper if you can.
- Baby wear. If you are going with a baby, I suggest babywearing. Personally, I hate maneuvering through large crowds with a stroller. Popular exhibitors get swarmed and it can get difficult to push a stroller through the masses. (However, if you do use a stroller then see point #5 because you will want someone who can help watch the stroller when necessary.)
Free Ticket Giveaway
Today, I am giving away tickets so that you and your family can experience the show. Winning is easy – the first 10 readers to register here get free entrance.
50% Off Ticket
If you aren’t one of the first 10 readers, no worries, you can still purchase tickets here for 50% off.
Give me a shout-out if you plan on attending because I am definitely going again this year!